2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp ghee, softened
1-3/4 tbsp vegetable oil
2/3 cup Sugar
1-1/2 tbsp cane sugar (or use regular sugar)
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup butter milk
2 Apple, nicely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F(180 C) with rack in middle.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter,oil and 2/3 cup sugar with an electric mixer at medium-high speed,for 2 minutes, then beat in vanilla, for another minute
- Now, gently mix in flour mixture while adding buttermilk in it.
- Mix and beat the batter till it get smooth and fluffy
- Fold in chopped Apple.
- Spoon batter into cake pan, smoothing top
- Bake until cake is golden and a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes (depends on your oven).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack and cool to warm, 10 to 15 minutes more.You can enjoy it with whipped cream on top, ice cream or just on its own.
(P.S.: I’d added apple slices along with sugar on the top, but it doesn’t taste good)