Well This recipe is an awesome combination of Punjabi and western tastes. It’s a quick dish and very easy to make.
1) In a vessel, Boil the corn kernel with little butter and salt. Once done, drain the water and keep the corn kernels aside
2) In a pan, take about 2 tbsp of oil or ghee (u can mix both too)
3) Add Garlic-Ginger paste, Finely chopped onions, Turmeric Powder, Coriander-Cumin powder and a pinch of asafoetida.
4) When Onions get soft, add tomato puree in it. Let it cook for 2-3 Mins.
5) Once the gravy is done, add corn kernels into the puree and mix them well.
6) Make a paste of masala: 1 tsp of chaat masala, 1 tsp of garam masala and 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
7) Add salt to taste and the masala paste. Cook for 4-5 mins.
8) Garnish with grated cheese and coriander leaves.
Serve hot with roti, parathas or any type of flatbread.
You might like to try:
- Baby Corn Paneer Jalfrezi (cookingwithsapana.wordpress.com)