Rajma Masala is a very famous North Indian dish, served usually with Jeera Rice (if it is made of pure desi ghee then it’s just ‘made for each other’ match) and Anardana chutney. But you can have it with Paratha too…
Drain Rajma(kidney beans) and wash in fresh water and put into a pressure cooker. Add 5 cups of water and salt and cook under pressure till 4-5 whistles are given out. Drain and reserve the cooking liquor (Stock of rajma).
1) In a pan, heat 2 tbsp ghee.
2) When ghee melts,add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a min.
3) Add 2 broken cinnamon sticks, few cloves and 1 bay leaf along with finely chopped onions. Add coriander Powder, Cumin Powder and turmeric Powder to them and saute till onions get translucent.
4) Once done add Tomato Puree into them and mix it well. Let the gravy simmer.
5) Once gravy starts simmering, add rajma and mix well.
6) Add one cup of cooking liquor and salt as per taste let it cook for 3-4 mins.
7) Prepare a paste of Red chilli powder, Chaat Masala and Garam Masala with a tsp water.
8) Add the paste into Rajma Preparation and cook for a while.
9) Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with Jeera Rice or Paratha