Yess… The title does sound too health-conscious parathas.. And of course they are, a little, if you are omitting one extremely special ingredient, cheese. Picture looks yummy?? So let’s make it…
1) In a bowl, add grated cucumber, grated carrot and 2 big tbsp mayonnaise. Add salt, pepper, green chillies and masalas you like.
2) Now add flour in parts, while keep mixing it properly with the mixture. Prepare a dough this way.
3) Now make round balls of the dough and roll it into a circle using a rolling pin.
4) Add some grated Cheese in the center of the flat circle.
5) Bring the edges together on the top of the filling.
6) Now press the top of the filling with the palm of your hand until the dough gets depressed and forms into a flatbread.
7) Now again slightly roll into a circle. Usually the Parathas are little thicker than rotis.
8) On a non-stick tawa, add a tsp of oil and place the paratha on it, roast it for 1-2 min.
9) Turn it when some brown spots start appearing on the surface of the flatbread. Roast it on the other side .
10) Serve with tomato ketchup or more mayonnaise.
Tip : Use some flour to dust the flatbread while rolling it, in order to help the dough from sticking to the dough.
You might like to try them too:
- Paneer Paratha (Cottage cheese Flatbread) (cookingwithsapana.wordpress.com)
- Paratha Sandwich (gameofflavours.wordpress.com)