This is a Greek recipe for Garlic and Lemon Potatoes that is usually served with roasted chicken/grilled fish dishes. The potatoes are mostly cubed and browned. Once it’s done, lemon juice and garlic is added towards the end. It is amazingly crunchy dish where the blast of freshness hits thanks to lemon and light garlic-y touch reminds you of Garlic fries. In short – if you like garlic and roasted potatoes, this is perfect for you. So… Let’s start making this….
Recipe taken from : Chefinyou.com
1) Chop the potatoes like wedges. Usually the potatoes are peeled but you can use Potatoes with peels.
2) Heat 1 tbsp oil and butter in a large skillet over med-high heat. Once the butter has melted, brown the potatoes on both the cut sides, each side about 5-6 minutes.
3) Reduce the heat to med-low, cover and cook the potatoes until tender.
4) Meanwhile mix together oil, lemon juice, zest, oregano, minced garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
5) When the potatoes are tender, add the garlic-lemon mixture and stir very gently. The potatoes will break otherwise.
6) Continue to cook, uncovered for 3-4 minutes. Once you see the crusty surface on the potatoes, add Parmesan cheese (or even regular processed cheese if you like that way! 😉 )
Garnish with parsley or cilantro or coriander and the Potatoes are ready to serve…..