Yes yes… I know the title seems little awkward and after reading that your mind (and probably your mouth too) is asking How???
Manchurian idli is just another option you can use for your left over idlis… It tastes good and if your family love Chinese food, then there are chances that you end up making this, instead of the original Idli-sambhar
1) In a pan, take 2 cups of water. Add 2 tbsp Vinegar, 2 tsp soya sauce, 2 tsp of salt.
2) In this mixture add 3 tbsp corn flour (blended with 1/2 cup water) and bring the mixture to a boil, keep it aside.
3) In another pan/wok add some oil and saute julienne of Onion and capsicum ( 1/2 cup of each) for a min
4) Once the onions turn slightly pink and capsicum turns soft add the sauce into it
5) Add quarters of Idlis and mix them well. Cook them for a min
6) Garnish with freshly cut parsley or celery and serve hot
You might like these too:
- Idly Uppuma. (durgasdelicacies.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Idli (arunshanbhag.com)
- Gobi Manchurian Gravy. (durgasdelicacies.wordpress.com)